Adam Lyth, Cricket, England, England cricket, English cricket, James Hildreth, Marcus Trescothick, Michael Carberry, Sanya Michelangelo
Highest Run Scorers
- Mark Ramprakash (Surrey) - 1595 runs
- Adam Lyth (Yorkshire) - 1509 runs
- James Hildreth (Somerset) - 1440 runs
- Marcus Trescothick (Somerset) - 1397 runs
- Michael Carberry (Hampshire) - 1385 runs
Ramprakash (aged 41) has been scoring loads of runs for years. Adam Lyth, nicknamed "Peanut" is a good future prospect. He celebrated his 23th birthday on 25th September and was the best young player this season. James Hildreth was described as "an extraordinary talent" by Justin Langer, who captained the Taunton side Hildreth played for. But his county career has been as disappointing as Luke Wright's International career. Till '04 (the last year of his age-group career), a lot was expected from him. He did show he is good by scoring 303* against Warwickshire but has been inconsistent. Carberry has played one Test for England and in case any batsman fails, he is the next in line.
Tresco, is the best English batsman but retired in March '08 and before that, returned home from a few tours. He has been asked to play International cricket quite a few times but refused due to personal problems. Andrew Strauss called him up to play in the ICC World Twenty20 2009. He can't handle the travelling and though England would let him play for England only in England, it wouldn't be the right thing to do. To let Tresco play only in England, England would have to ask a batsman to play only during tours and it will be hard to settle the team in that case.
- James Hildreth (Somerset) - 65.45 (16 matches)
- Mark Ramprakash (Surrey) - 61.34 (16 matches)
- Marcus Trescothick (Somerset) - 58.20 (16 matches)
- Steven Davies (England Lions, Surrey) - 57.36 (14 matches)
- Jonathan Trott (England, Warwickshire) - 57.05 (12 matches)
Most WicketsCharl Willoughby took as many wickets as Woakes but played 16 matches.
- Andre Adams (Nottinghamshire) - 68 (14 matches)
- Gemaal Hussain (Gloucestershire) - 67 (15 matches)
- Steven Finn (England, Middlesex) - 64 (13 matches)
- James Harris (England Lions, Glamorgan) - 63 (14 matches)
- Chris Woakes (England Lions, Warwickshire) - 58 (14 matches)
- James Anderson (England, Lancashire) - 18.41 (10 matches)
- Murali Kartik (Somerset) - 19.60 (11 matches)
- Glen Chapple (Lancashire) - 19.75 (14 matches)
- Corey Collymore (Sussex) - 19.87 (14 matches)
- Chris Tremlett (Surrey) - 20.18 (12 matches)
Related Post: Everything Goes The Notts Way And Not So Surprisingly, Freddie Retires
Recent Posts (As on 1st Oct '10): Best Times For English Cricket?
Tim Bresnan, Chris Tremlett, Monty Panesar picked for Ashes
England Drubs Pakistan to Finish Summer On A High
Wallpapers: Jimmy and Belly Wallpaper!
Jimmy Anderson Wallpaper
James Anderson Cool Blue Wallpaper
James Anderson Wallpaper
Eoin Morgan Wallpaper!